WhatsApp is available for almost every platform that exists today. This messaging app that evolved long way back has been doing great, many apps tried to complete but failed. WhatsApp is officially available for Java devices through the official website that is www.whatsapp.com – I was able to download this on Nokia Asha device without any problem.
Bonus Tip: WhatsApp was recently acquired by Facebook
WhatsApp can be used on Java devices without any problems, my friend has been using WhatsApp on his Asha to communicate with me from a long time. He has never faced any problem. Some famous Java devices are Nokia 110, Nokia X2-02, Nokia C2-03, Asha 200, Asha 306, Asha 305.
Features of WhatsApp
- Seamless instant text messaging
- Contacts = Friends those who you can text, no need to enter contacts manually
- Share contacts, videos, voice messages
- Files are trimmed down to save data
Below is the list of devices that are supported officially by WhatsApp
- Nokia C3-00 · Nokia C3-01 · Nokia X2-01 · Nokia X3-02 · Nokia X3-02.5 (Refresh) · Nokia X2-00
- Nokia Asha: 201 · 205 Chat Edition · 206 · 208 · 210 · 300 · 301 · 302 · 303 · 305 · 306 · 308 · 309 · 310 · 311 · 515 · 500 · 501 · 502 · 503 · 230
Your device might not be listed in here, no problem. Just download the WhatsApp.jar or .jad file and simply install it on your Java based device and you are good to go. The .jar file works on Nokia S40 devices an the other one works on S60 devices, just download both files and try to install, one of them will work.
Installing WhatsApp on Java Devices
Even though the procedure is pretty simple, we have summed up a short tutorial to describe everything
- Download both files .jar and .jad files (perform a search on Google to find the file)
- Connect your mobile phone to your computer
- Wait for the device driver installation, now copy paste the files to your SD Card
- Disconnect your device
- On the device, select the WhatsApp file and install it
You have successfully installed WhatsApp for Java on your device. Do let us know in the comments section if you face any kind of problem.